There are so many social media channels for promotion and showcasing products and services, arguably, organic reach on facebook is reducing by the day, but did you know same old traditional email blast still works better, Here are 7 reasons businesses must focus on emails than other channels:
1. Email is the #1 preferred communication channel. At least 91% of the consumers check their email on a daily basis and 72% of the consumers prefer email as their source of business communication.
2. Email drives more conversion than any other marketing channel, including search and social combined. If you are more focused on conversions, you should focus more on email.
3. Emails also have higher click-through ratesand higher ROI than any other channels. You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.
4. When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has thehighest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more.
5. A message is 5x more likely to be seen in email than via Facebook. The organic reach days are over on Facebook. If you want to reach more of your fans, you need to pay.
6. About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices, and 23% of readers who open an email on a mobile device open it again later. If you add the fact, 88% of the smartphone users actively check email on their phones, email becomes the best channel to reach the mobile audience.
7. You own your list. This is the most important reason to build a list. On Facebook or any social network, your account could be suspended or deleted at any time, for any reason, without notice. You could lose all your fans in an instant, and all the efforts you have put could go waste. However, when it comes email, you own your email list. No one can take those leads away from you.
It should be clear by now that email marketing is probably the most powerful channel when it comes to customer acquisition, retention, and conversions.